Your Credit Goddess Dos & Donts
During your journey to good credit please follow my Dos and Donts in the process. We are a partner in this. Following these instructions will ensure great results.
By RoseAllure louis
Dos & Don’ts
1. DO NOT apply for new credit without consulting your credit coach!
2. DO pay all bills On TIME!!! Try to pay them before the due date. Auto Pay is a great way to ensure you never pay past the due date.
3. DO NOT pay bills > 29 days late. If for some reason you miss the due date make your greatest effort not to pay later than 29 days past due date. Your score can take a big dive if you get a 30-day late payment reported.
4. DO use credit cards (responsibly). 0 balances over long periods of time creates the risk of having your account closed for inactivity.
5. DO NOT go over 30% of available credit. This is very essential to keeping your credit score up. Using > 30% drops your score the more you go over.
6. DO actively use credit monitoring tools to watch/safeguard your credit info. This is also how we will keep track of your credit restoration progress.
7. DO NOT co-sign or get credit in your name for others.
8. DO report cards lost/stolen as soon as you are aware.
9. DO NOT close old accounts. Believe it or not this can drop your score as it shortens your credit history when you close old accounts.
10. DO pay down balances when you get extra money. The lower your balances, the less you are paying in interest!
11. DO NOT run up balances you can’t afford to pay back. (For obvious reasons)
12. DO be aware of “Predatory Lending” & avoid. All credit offers are not good credit offers…many are aimed at taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers who do not know when they are being overcharged.
13. DO NOT ignore collectors trying to collect payments. It’s better to get them to send you something in writing so that it can be properly disputed.
14. DO avoid accounts being charged off. Even if you are past due…don’t just say forget it and stop paying all together, make payment arrangements to get your account back in good status rather than forcing them to charge off.
15. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Remember Credit Repair is not an overnight process but an effort that will benefit you for a lifetime!!! It’s so worth it J
“Trying to obtain Great Credit shouldn’t just be a temporary fix, It should be a Lifestyle. Maintain your Credibility because YOU ARE Credit”
-RoseAllure Louis, Your Credit Goddess